COVID-19: ILSI Europe team will be working from home from 16 March in compliance with the Belgian authorities
ILSI Europe is a Belgian based organisation and we have been informed that the national authorities decided on Thursday 12 March to strengthen the existing mechanism to stem the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). Among others, additional social distancing measures are being applied.
Protecting our team, our networks of experts and contributing to contain the spread of the epidemic is our priority. From 16 March, ILSI Europe team will be working from home. We are assessing the evolution of the spread of this pandemic in Belgium and in European Union on a daily basis. We closely follow additional measures that may be recommended, applying them appropriately.
We are well aware that these decisions may have an impact in ILSI Europe and its network. However, health safety is first at the time we stay committed with our activities.
Finally, we would like to remind you that basic hygiene measures are still valid, namely washing your hands with soap, coughing and sneezing into your elbow and avoiding close contact. If you have the slightest doubt, you are invited to consult your doctor. Everyone should help limit the spread of the virus.
Thank for your understanding.
- Belgian referent website: https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control: https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en
- World Health organisation Recommendations: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
ILSI Europe 2020 Annual Symposium postponed
The novel Coronavirus (COVID 19) has now also reached Europe and the European Institutions has taken some precautionary measures regarding the spread. In ILSI Europe we take public health concerns very seriously and we have thus decided to postpone the 2020 Annual Symposium.
The new dates will be announced very soon. If you have already registered, you can expect to receive an official email from ILSI Europe shortly, where we will detail additional logistic information and a contact person in case you have questions.
Stay tuned here
- ILSI Europe Confirms EU Transparency Status for 2020
- ILSI Europe’s new sustainability pillar shapes a new roadmap of activities
- ILSI Europe kicks off a new activity to assess the impact of environmental factors during dry production
- ILSI Europe’s new activity on food allergy aims to harmonise allergen risk assessment for packaged foods
- ILSI Europe organises the FIT4FOOD 2020 series of webinar: Towards sustainable food systems through Research and Innovation
- Welcome to Dr Siméon Bourdoux, our new Scientific Project Manager
- Four new experts join the ILSI Europe Scientific Advisory Committee
- Prof. Louise Dye, new Vice-President of ILSI Europe
- ILSI Europe joins the Transparency Register of the European Union
- FNS-cloud, the new EU funded project of ILSI Europe
- ILSI Europe Sessions beat records of Participation at FENS 2019
- The ILSI Europe Continuous Education Course (CEC) was the most attended course of Eurotox 2019
- More than 300 people participated in the Webinar on Foodborne Viruses: Detection, Risk Assessment, and Control Options in Food Processing
- ILSI Europe launches the Early-career Program during a Seminar at Gembloux
- ILSI Europe’s Session joined the World Mycotoxin Forum in Belfast
- Publications Success Stories
- Welcome to our new Scientific Programme Director, Isabelle Guelinckx; and Communication Manager, Erin Vera