Providing digital technologies that increase transparency throughout the food value chain to save money, resources, people and the planet
The drive for greater transparency raises many questions. How can transparency be best used to allow the consumer to make more informed food choices? How can the challenges to increase uptake of transparency solutions among food system actors as connectivity, interoperability, privacy, cost-efficiency, and low consumer confidence in the technologies be overcome? How can the latest technology developments be used to enhance transparency? How can such technology be made available and affordable to small businesses? There is a need to address these questions, to showcase best practice, latest business innovation and technologies, and inform policy within a demand driven business environment.
Objectives and expected impact
The overall aim of TITAN is to enhance food transparency in order to transform the food system into a demand-driven economy that provides consumers with healthy and sustainable food.
The 21 TITAN innovations will address:
- transparency of information to consumers, for better food choices;
- transparency for enhanced food safety and authenticity of products;
- better information on health and sustainability of food products.
The project has included the provision of an extensive tender for an open call (€1.2M) for new partners to join TITAN and supply more innovations on transparency related solutions.
- Implementation of pre-identified 15 pilots in food safety, sustainability and health field.
- Financial support to 8 other external pilot thanks to an Open Call that will be launched in October 2023.
- Development of a Stakeholder Board, future Network of Expertise, as center of expertise for promoting and facilitating systemic solutions related to transparency.
- Elaboration of a set of policy recommendation to increase transparency in food supply chains.
- Identification and constant monitoring and update of breakthrough technologies for food system transformation
Role of ILSI Europe
As project Coordinator, ILSI Europe is responsible for the general coordination and management of the project and its bodies to monitor compliance with the obligations stated in the Grant Agreement.
ILSI Europe is also involved as partner in Work Package 9 (Dissemination, Communication and Network of Expertise).
For more detailed information, please contact Andrea Colafranceschi at firstname.lastname@example.org.