Since 1995, ILSI Europe has coordinated and participated in several projects under the European Commission’s Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Framework Programmes, and continues to do so in the Seventh Framework Programme and under Horizon 2020
Throughout 35 years of existence, ILSI Europe has been involved in a total of 20 EU-funded projects as a consortium member or work package leader, and even more by contributing to advisory and scientific boards.
ILSI Europe is currently involved in four projects funded by the European Union, under the research and Innovation programme “Horizon 2020“ and “Horizon Europe”.
- FNS-Cloud: Integrating existing Food & Nutrition Security data, which is essential for high-end, pan-European FNS research, addressing FNS, diet, health, and consumer behaviours as well as the sustainable agriculture and the bio-economy
- FoodSafety4EU: Designing, developing and releasing a multi-stakeholder platform for the future European Food Safety System
- SWEET: Sweeteners and Sweetness Enhancers: Impact on Health, Obesity, Safety and Sustainability
- TITAN: Providing digital technologies that increase transparency throughout the food value chain to save money, resources, people and the planet
In addition to these running projects, ILSI Europe proactively joins multi-stakeholder consortia formed to address different EU research and innovation calls, contributing to applications submitted to the European Commission.
ILSI Europe is also part of the advisory boards of 3 projects contributing to “Horizon 2020“ and “Horizon Europe”:
- SAFFI – Ensuring food safety of infant food
- HOLiFOOD – developing new data and text analytical pipelines to optimise the emerging risk identification process
- FoodPhyt - raising awareness and understanding of the potential of food phytochemicals to support the global fight against obesity and associated cardiometabolic diseases
Participating in EU-funded projects allows ILSI Europe to:
- Contribute to cutting-edge scientific projects;
- Expand its network of excellence and collaborate closely with universities, institutes, organisations and companies around Europe through strong consortia;
- Liaise with governmental representatives from the European Commission, EFSA, WHO, FAO, US FDA, Health Canada and national authorities through the expert groups and workshops we organise within the frameworks of these projects.
ILSI Europe’s network through EU-funded projects
This map shows the number of scientists that we collaborate with through EU-funded projects. In total, EU projects expand our network to more than 800 scientists of high calibre.
For more information about ILSI Europe’s participation in EU-Funded Projects, please contact our Scientific Programme Director, Dr Isabelle Guelinckx at IGuelinckx@ilsieurope.be
To click on the link to read more about our Past Projects.