Since 1995, ILSI Europe has coordinated and participated in several projects under the European Commission’s Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Framework Programmes, and continues to do so in the Seventh Framework Programme and under Horizon 2020.
ILSI Europe is currently involved in 5 projects funded by the European Union.
The Research and Innovation programme ‘Horizon 2020’ is currently funding 4 of our projects:
Funded under Horizon 2020:
- FIT4FOOD2030: Fostering Integration and Transformation FOR FOOD 2030;
- FNS Cloud: Integrating existing FNS data, which is essential for high-end, pan-European FNS research, addressing NS, diet, health, and consumer behaviours as well as on sustainable agriculture and the bio-economy;
- FOODSAFETY4EU: Designing, developing and releasing a multi-stakeholder platform for the future European Food Safety System;
- SWEET: Sweeteners and Sweetness Enhancers: Impact on Health, Obesity, Safety and Sustainability.
In addition to these running projects, ILSI Europe proactively joins multi-stakeholder consortia formed to address different EU research and innovation calls, contributing to applications submitted to the European Commission.
ILSI Europe is also involved in projects funded by the ERASMUS+, the EU’s programme to support education, training, youth and sport in Europe
Funded under ERASMUS+ Continuous Education Programme:
- SUIT4FOOD: Sustainable Intervention technologies for controlling food Safety and Stability: a transnational, collaborative and multidisciplinary ERASMUS+ Programme.
ILSI Europe has now been involved in more than 15 EU funded projects.
Benefits of Being a Partner
Participating in EU-funded projects allows ILSI Europe to:
- Contribute to cutting-edge scientific projects
- Expand its network of excellence and to closely collaborate with universities, institutes, organisations and companies around Europe through strong consortia
- Liaise with public authorities from the European Commission, EFSA, WHO, FAO, US FDA, Health Canada and national authorities through our expert groups and workshops
ILSI Europe’s network through EU-funded projects
This map shows the number of scientists that we collaborate with through EU-funded projects. In total, EU projects expand our network to more than 800 scientists of high calibre.
For more information about ILSI Europe’s participation in EU-Funded Projects, please contact our Scientific Programme Director, Dr Isabelle Guelinckx at IGuelinckx@ilsieurope.be
To click on the link to read more about our Past Projects.