Discover opportunities for your company to collaborate on science-based guidance for safe, nutritious & sustainable food in ILSI Europe 2024 portfolio.
Are you a scientist in the ever-evolving food & beverage industry? Are you eager to enhance your knowledge and actively contribute to groundbreaking science in fields like stratified nutrition, food characterization or risk perception? Are you passionate about enhancing the global understanding of how food processing impacts both human and planetary health? Is your company keen to explore innovative ingredients, foods, and diets to shape a sustainable and nourishing future? Or perhaps you're seeking the latest insights to excel in performing rigorous Risk-Benefit Assessments?
Look no further than ILSI Europe!
ILSI Europe is your dynamic platform for collaboration and consensus-building among Food System actors, addressing crucial topics in Food Safety & Quality, Food Nutrition & Health, and Food Security & Sustainability.
We firmly believe that collective expertise and collaboration are the keys to driving meaningful advancements. Dive into our activities for the upcoming year, meticulously designed to foster collaboration and create science that truly makes a difference.
Download the ILSI Europe 2024 Activity Document for an exclusive preview of our portfolio and how your company can contribute.
Eleven New Task Force Proposals await your company’s support to address timely industry challenges:
- PROCESSING FOR SAFE, NUTRITIOUS AND SUSTAINABLE FOOD: Improving the understanding of the impact of food processing on human and planetary health.
- RISK PERCEPTION AND COMMUNICATION: Feeding people and minds: communicating food risks for informed choices.
- NOVEL FOODS: Exploring innovative ingredients, foods, and diets to shape a sustainable and nourishing future.
- ENSURING FOOD SECURITY: Safeguarding Tomorrow’s Meals: Navigating Challenges for Global Food Security
- SOIL HEALTH: Unlocking the potential of healthy soil for improved human and planetary health.
- RISK-BENEFIT ASSESSMENT IN FOOD SAFETY: Pioneering a New Vision in Risk-Benefit Analysis for Food Safety Decision-Making.
- ASSESSING THE REALITY OF RISK: From ‘safety assessment’ to ‘risk assessment’, reflecting the actual risk of substances in the food chain.
- FOOD CHARACTERISATION & INTAKE: Characterising & measuring intake of what we eat to evaluate and ensure public health
- HEALTHY AGEING: Investigating Healthy & Sustainable Diets for an Ageing Population
- STRATIFIED NUTRITION: Stratified approaches to screen & address the double burden of malnutrition
- VITAMIN K2: Gathering and critically assessing the scientific evidence to substantiate health benefits of vitamin K2
These Task Force proposals are the result of a collaborative effort from the ILSI Europe Scientific Activity Committee, Board of Directors, stakeholders and staff as well as three tripartite expert panels (industry academia, public sector) who met to identify, define and prioritise the key themes within the fields of Food, Nutrition & Health, Food Safety & Quality, and Food Security & Sustainability, where ILSI Europe can make a significant contribution. Discover their composition in our 2024 Activity Document.
Also in store for 2024:
- A bustling pipeline of activities proposed by our twelve high-performing Task Forces, ready to be kicked-off or further developed.
- Specialized training on New Approach Methodologies (NAMs) for industry experts involved in toxicological risk assessment.
- Sponsorship opportunities for thematic events (open to non-member companies), starting with the 5th Symposium on Nutrition for the Aging Brain in Autumn 2024.
If you find ILSI Europe's activities relevant and beneficial for your company, we invite you to join one or more of our Task Forces. Express your interest in our new or current Task Forces by reaching out to Isabelle Guelinckx at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit ilsi.eu/community/become-a-member. A version of this document with budget is available upon request.