Fostering Integration and Transformation FOR FOOD 2030 – FIT4FOOD2030
Total Budget: € 3,999,999
Consortium: 15 partners
Duration: 1 November 2017 – 31 October 2020
The research and innovation (R&I) system has a key role to play in providing solutions to transform the food system into more sustainable, resilient, responsible, diverse, competitive and inclusive pathways.
In view of the global Food and Nutrition Security (FNS) challenges and the goals set by the United Nations in the Sustainable Development Goals, there is an urgent need to improve the effectiveness of, and increase investments in, R&I for food systems. As such, the European Commission (EC) has established FOOD2030 as an ambitious policy initiative to support these goals.
To support the EC to further develop and implement the FOOD2030 policy framework and its action plan, FIT4FOOD2030 aims at establishing a sustainable, balanced, multi-stakeholder, multi-level platform – called FOOD2030 Platform.
This platform will:
- provide information and will take actions in order to better connect, structure and scale up R&I investments for FNS in Europe;
- catalyse the transformation of an R&I system on FNS in Europe towards a food system’s perspective and Responsible Research & Innovation and Open Science approach.
FIT4FOOD2030 project’s mission is to support the FOOD 2030 policy framework and contribute to the urgently needed transformation of FNS-related R&I. To do so, it will provide a network structure, instruments and guidance for the adoption of a food systems and RRI approach.
Role of ILSI Europe
ILSI Europe has both a scientific and dissemination role in FIT4FOOD2030. Thus, we will be involved in three work packages:
- Co-lead the coordination of the ‘Identification of R&I Showcases within Food Systems’ (Work Package 3). In this context, ILSI Europe organised a workshop on ‘Research and Innovation Showcases in the Food System’ on 17 April 2019 in Brussels, BE.
- Participate in the ‘Exploration of Roadmaps for R&I Breakthroughs’ (Work Package 4).
- Participate in the ‘Communication, Dissemination and Future Engagement’ (Work Package 7). This includes the development of a stakeholders engagement plan and a series of webinars will be organised in collaboration with ILSI Europe.
ILSI Europe will also take on a supportive role in:
- Work Package 2, ‘Mapping of Trends in Food Systems and Related R&I Policy Frameworks’;
- Work Package 8, ‘Learning for Transformation’;
- Work Package 9, ‘Project Management and Coordination’.
FIT4FOOD2030 Expert Group ON ‘R&I SHOWCASES’
For more detailed information, please contact Matthieu Flourakis at email@example.com