Fostering Integration and Transformation for FOOD 2030
Total Budget: € 3,999,999
Consortium: 15 partners
Duration: 1 November 2017 – 31 December 2020
The research and innovation (R&I) system has an important role to play in providing solutions to transform the food system into more sustainable, resilient, responsible, diverse, competitive and inclusive pathways. In view of the global Food and Nutrition Security (FNS) challenges, as well as the goals set by the United Nations in the Sustainable Development Goals; there is an urgent need to improve the effectiveness of, and increase investments in, R&I for food systems. As such, the European Commission (EC) has established FOOD2030 as an ambitious policy initiative to support these goals.
Objectives and expected impact
To support the FOOD2030 policy framework and its action plan, the overall aim of FIT4FOOD2030 is to establish a sustainable, balanced, multi-stakeholder and multi-level platform – called FOOD2030. This platform will:
- provide information and take actions in order to better connect, structure and scale up R&I investments for FNS in Europe;
- catalyse the transformation of an R&I system on FNS in Europe towards a food system’s perspective and Responsible Research & Innovation and Open Science approach.
Role of ILSI Europe
ILSI Europe has both a scientific and dissemination role through three work packages:
- Work package 3: Co-lead the coordination of the ‘Identification of R&I Showcases within Food Systems’. In this context, ILSI Europe organised a workshop on ‘Research and Innovation Showcases in the Food System’ on 17 April 2019 in Brussels, Belgium.
- Work Package 4: Participate in the ‘Exploration of Roadmaps for R&I Breakthroughs’.
- Work Package 7: Participate in the ‘Communication, Dissemination and Future Engagement’. This includes the development of a stakeholders’ engagement plan and the organisation of a series of web-seminars.
FIT4FOOD2030 Expert Group ON ‘R&I SHOWCASES’
For more detailed information, please contact Dr Matthieu Flourakis at firstname.lastname@example.org