04/05/2022 – 06/05/2022
Due to the COVID19 outbreak, we regret to inform you that the 7th International Symposium on Food Packaging – Scientific Developments Supporting Safety and Innovation due to take place in February 2021 has been postponed to 4-6 May 2022. Our symposium is highly important to us, yet the safety of our experts and participants is now the priority.
Background & Objectives
The ILSI Europe International Symposia on Food Packaging are held every four years and are internationally recognised as a scientific forum to discuss the science that ensures the safety and quality of food packaging.
Main topics for this 7th edition are:
1. Advances in analytical techniques
- Migrants from FCMs
2. Progress in toxicological prediction and assessment
- In silico tools and modelling
- Models for mixtures toxicity
3. Progress in risk assessment
- Role of TTC
- Food consumption data
4. Food Contact Materials in circular economy
- Innovative packaging
- Packaging needs of new food
The participants will review and debate recent advances in the science which supports the demonstration of the safety, quality and innovation of food packaging. In addition, dissemination of results of on-going research will be combined with examining the implications for the future of controlling packaging for foodstuffs.
This multi-disciplinary meeting will be of interest to those active in issues associated with the safety and quality of food packaging, particularly food scientists, chemists, mathematicians, physicists, packaging specialists, control authorities, regulators and risk assessors. It will bring together those involved in basic studies, those responsible for bringing innovations to the market place, and those charged with ensuring the safety and quality of food contact materials.
To be announced soon.
• May 2021: Launch call for abstracts
• September 2021: Deadline oral abstracts submission & Launch early-bird registration
• January 2022: Deadline posters abstracts submission & Launch final programme
• March 2022: Launch full registration
• May 2022: Symposium
For further information:
Dr Lucie Geurts – Scientific Project Manager
Tel: +32 (0)2 775 91 36