26/02/2019 – 27/02/2019
To bring together experts in the risk and safety assessment of food additives and other chemicals, including cosmetic ingredients, biocides and industrial chemicals. The main goal is to discuss the potential use of AOPs for hazard identification, risk and safety assessment of food additives.
This workshop aims to first discuss a draft manuscript describing an over view of toxicological endpoints and ADIs relevant to food additives and existing AOPs which cover them. Secondly, break-out groups will be formed to discuss the role of AOPs in the risk and safety evaluation of food additives, aiming to provide guidance on the future development and use of AOPs in this area.
• Prof. Mathieu Vinken: Overal Chair – Vrije Universiteit Brussel, BE
• Dr Dr Anette Thiel – DSM, CH
• Dr Timothy Allen – University of Cambridge, UK
• Dr Nynke Kramer – University of Utrecht, NL
• Prof. Alan Boobis, Imperial College London, UK
• Dr Sara Levorato – Unilever, UK
• Prof. Ivonne Rietjens – University of Wageningen, NL
• Dr Stefan Schulte – BASF SE, DE
• Dr Natalie Thatcher – Mondelēz International, UK
• Dr Heinz Traussnig – Mayr-Melnhof Karton, AT
• Dr Kirsi Forsberg – ILSI Europe, BE
The programme is available here.
Registration and Payment
Attendance at this 2-day workshop is upon invitation only and registrations should be made by 20th January 2019.
A few seats are available upon request to firstname.lastname@example.org for interested experts subject to a registration fee.
• Academia and public sector: €350
• Industry: €500
Requests should be sent to Dr Kirsi Forsberg (email@example.com)
The registration fee covers:
• Admission to the 2-day workshop
• Abstract booklet
• Buffet lunch and refreshments on 26th and 27th February 2019
• Welcome dinner on 26th Febuary 2019
Registration and payment of registration fee should be made by credit card prior to the event, preferably by 5th February 2019.
For registrations, all cancellations should be made in writing to Ms Ruth Marquet (firstname.lastname@example.org). Cancellations received before 20th January 2019 will be refunded minus €50 handling charges. Cancellations received after 20th January will not be refunded.
For hotel reservations, cancellations of hotel reservations received after 20th January 2019 will be charged in full. Substitutions of hotel reservations or registration are accepted if made in writing to Ms Ruth Marquet.
Venue and Accommodation
The event will be held at:
Hotel Novotel Brussels City Centre
Rue de la Vierge Noire 32
BE – 1000 Brussels
Tel : +32 2 620 04 28
Fax : +32 2 500 50 00
The Novotel Brussels City Centre is a 4-star hotel located next to the Metro Debrouckère subway station and at a 15-minute walk from Brussels Central Railway Station and Brussels Grand-Place.
A number of standard guestrooms have been pre-booked at special rates in the Hotel Novotel Brussels City Centre.
Rate Single Room: €149.25/night
Rate Double Room: €169.25/night
Rates include buffet breakfast, free access to WiFi and to the fitness centre, €4.25 city tax and 6% VAT.
Contact: Dr Kirsi Forsberg, +32 2 775 91 35 – email@example.com