26/02/2019 – 27/02/2019
To bring together experts in the risk and safety assessment of food additives and other chemicals, including cosmetic ingredients, biocides and industrial chemicals. The main goal was to discuss the potential use of AOPs for hazard identification, risk and safety assessment of food additives.
This workshop aimed to first discuss a draft manuscript describing an over view of toxicological endpoints and ADIs relevant to food additives and existing AOPs which cover them. Secondly, break-out groups have been formed to discuss the role of AOPs in the risk and safety evaluation of food additives, aiming to provide guidance on the future development and use of AOPs in this area.
• Prof. Mathieu Vinken: Overal Chair – Vrije Universiteit Brussel, BE
• Dr Dr Anette Thiel – DSM, CH
• Dr Timothy Allen – University of Cambridge, UK
• Dr Nynke Kramer – University of Utrecht, NL
• Prof. Alan Boobis, Imperial College London, UK
• Dr Sara Levorato – Unilever, UK
• Prof. Ivonne Rietjens – University of Wageningen, NL
• Dr Stefan Schulte – BASF SE, DE
• Dr Natalie Thatcher – Mondelēz International, UK
• Dr Heinz Traussnig – Mayr-Melnhof Karton, AT
• Dr Kirsi Forsberg – ILSI Europe, BE
The programme is available here.
Overall Chair: Prof. Mathieu Vinken: Overal Chair, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, BE
Overall Vice-Chair: Dr Dr Anette Thiel, DSM, CH
Overall Rapporteur: Dr Timothy Allen, University of Cambridge, UK
Overall Co-Rapporteur: Dr Nynke Kramer, University of Utrecht, NL
The presentations (upon author’s agreement) can be found here.
Contact: Dr Kirsi Forsberg, +32 2 775 91 35 – firstname.lastname@example.org