Digital Event, GoToWebinar
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
About the webinar
Poor glycaemic control has been implicated in the development of chronic metabolic diseases like obesity, type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) and cardiovascular disease (CVD) and decreased cognitive performance. In addition, with the recent worldwide spread of SARS-CoV-2, obesity and impaired metabolic health also emerged as important determinants of severe coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Attend this webinar to find out more on glycaemic control, metabolic and mental health. You will get insights from:
- Prof. Ellen Blaak (Maastricht University, NL) “Glycaemic control and (cardio)metabolic health risks”
- Speaker 2: TBD: “Glycaemic control and mental health”
- Prof. Norbert Stefan (University Hospital Tübingen, DE), “Glycaemic control, impaired metabolic health and COVID-19”
Finally, you will get insights from a panel discussing the impact on the food industry of the ongoing research on glycaemic control & health. You will hear from:
- Dr Sophie Vinoy, Nutrition Research Manager (Mondelēz International), FR
- Dr Stephan Theis, Head of Nutrition Science (Südzucker Group), DE
- Prof. Anette Buyken, University of Paderborn, DE
- Prof. Ellen Blaak, Maastricht University, NL
To register for the webinar, click here.
For more information on this webinar, please contact Dr Matthieu Flourakis, Scientific Project Manager.