This webinar on the ‘Assessment of Microbial Risk for Fresh Produce’ on 17 October 2017, 17.00-18.00 CET, 10.00-11.00 CDT is organised jointly by ILSI Europe’s Microbiological Food Safety Task Force and IAFP’s Microbial Modelling and Risk Analysis Professional Development Group.
Click here to view the ILSI Europe flyer, which includes the programme.
Background and Objectives
The purpose of this webinar is to provide some background of the issues that growers of fresh produce face while doing a formal risk assessment and to offer a practical approach to assess the risk. This webinar presents the considerations from a recent ILSI Europe paper (Monaghan et al., 2017) that suggests an easy ‘Growers Risk Assessment’ tool and the practical application of assessment of the risk for fresh produce (Danyluk et al., unpublished). The webinar also provides a platform for discussion and serves as a basis for further round table discussions proposed at IAFPs European Symposium on Food Safety 2018 and IAFP’s Annual Meeting 2018.
Risk Assessment or Assessment of the Risk, That’s the Question
Dr Jim Monaghan (Harper Adams University, UK)
Risk Assessment for Fresh Produce: Issues Faced While Putting “Formal MRA” into Industrial Practice in the Field
Dr Roy Betts (Campden BRI, UK)
Assessment of the Risk for Fresh Produce: Mitigating Risks in the Field
Prof. Michelle Danyluk (University of Florida, US)
Questions and Answers
Subscription is absolutely free and is possible as of September 2017 via https://foodprotection.adobeconnect.com/microbialriskforfreshproduce/event/registration.html
• Dr Jean-Christophe Augustin, Ecole Nationale Vétérinaire d’Alfort (FR)
• Dr John Bassett, John Bassett Consulting (UK)
• Dr Roy Betts, Campden BRI (UK)
• Dr Elisabeth (Betsy) Bihn, Cornell University (US)
• Prof. Michelle Danyluk, University of Florida (US)
• Dr Belén Márquez García, ILSI Europe (BE)
• Dr Jim Monaghan, Harper Adams University (UK)
• Dr Bizhan Pourkomailian, McDonalds Europe (UK)
• Prof. Marcel Zwietering, University of Wageningen (NL) – IAFP MMRA PDG
For more information on this webinar, please contact Dr Belén Márquez García , Scientific Project Manager.