The research project SUSFANS addresses ‘Metrics, Models and Foresight for European Sustainable Food and Nutrition Security’. Funded by the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 programme, SUSFANS involves 16 organisations for delivering and disseminating research. SUSFANS’ overall objective is to build a conceptual framework, an evidence base and analytical tools for underpinning EU-wide food policies with respect to their impact on consumer diet and their implications for nutrition and public health in the EU, the environment, the competitiveness of the EU agri-food sectors, and global food and nutrition security.
SUSFANS Stakeholder Core Group
An important part of the SUSFANS project is to collect input from stakeholders involved in food systems at all levels. Therefore, a Stakeholder Core Group (SCG) which consists of 30 selected experts and decision makers representing a wide range of stakeholder communities and hence ‘worldviews’ (e.g. primary producers, food industry, retail, consumer groups, investors, regulators, policymakers and academics) was created. This SCG will advise the SUSFANS consortium on key topics during 4 workshops (October 2015, October 2016, September 2017, June 2018).
Objectives of the 4th Stakeholder Core Group Workshop
• To inspire the consumer-oriented way of thinking facilitated by a stepwise approach and introducing the consumer drivers of food and dietary choice into prospective studies on the sustainability of the EU food system;
• To evaluate and prioritise the consumer-oriented innovation pathways on fruit and vegetables in the EU;
• To receive feedback on the ongoing foresight work of SUSFANS;To discuss the likely key outputs of the project and how these could be of use to the stakeholders and their organizations;
• To discuss with stakeholders how to deliver the outreach work of the project beyond the stakeholder core group itself by helping to shape the key messages of the project to the different stakeholder communities and discussing how the group could play an ambassadorial role for the project.
• Dr Monika Zurek, University of Oxford (UK) – Chair
• Dr Stéphane Vidry, ILSI Europe(BE) – Vice-Chair
• Mr Thom Achterbosch, University of Wageningen (NL)
• Mr Elias Rito, ILSI Europe (BE)
• Dr Hannah van Zanten, University of Wageningen (NL)
• Dr Friederike Ziegler, Research Institutes of Sweden (SE)
The programme is available here.
The Hotel Ramada Amsterdam Airport Schiphol is a 4-star hotel that is ideally located next to the airport in a no-fly-zone. It is easily accessible with the hotel’s free airport shuttle bus that runs daily from and to airport, from 05:00 am to 11:00 pm (5-minutedrive). The highway A4 and A9 are just 1 km away and the train station of Schiphol Airport can be reached in a few minutes.
The Hotel has an indoor-pool with sauna and onsite parking (free of charge for meeting participants).
A number of standard guest rooms have been pre-booked at special rates in Hotel Ramada Amsterdam Airport Schiphol where the workshop will be held.
- Single room rate: 124.94€ including buffet breakfast, free access to WiFi, indoor pool, and including VAT and 6.05% city tax.
- Double room rate: 142.57€ including buffet breakfast, free access to WiFi, indoor pool, and including VAT and 6.05% city tax.
Registration is open to SUSFANS partners and invited stakeholders from academia, industry and the public sector.
Requests for attendance from interested scientists who have not received an invitation should be addressed to Mr Elias Rito, Scientific Project Manager, ILSI Europe, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The registration covers:
• Admission to the workshop;
• Workshop booklet;
• Welcome dinner on 5 June 2018 at 19.30;
• Buffet lunch and refreshments during the workshop on 5 and 6 June 2018.
Important: Due to a limited number of seats, registrations and hotel reservations will be available on a ‘first come first served’ basis.
Registrations and Hotel reservations should be made before 15 May 2018.
Upon completion of the online registration, each registrant receives an electronic confirmation of the registration and hotel reservation if a room booking was requested.